My client is a leading environmental company. They are looking for a Payroll Manager to take control of the payroll duties across the business, ensuring accuracy of employees pay and ensuring that they are paid on time. They will be required to develop and enhance the current payroll process so that it is a best in class operation and ensure that there is consistent and reliable processes in place across the business to accommodate business growth.
• Maintain payroll information by optimising systems and processes to ensure that the direction, collection, calculation and entering data is reliable, robust, efficient, and accurate
• Ensuring payroll records are up to date in terms of personal data, pay elements and deductions for the relevant pay period
• Ensure employees are paid correctly on time every time
• Prepare payroll reports and compiling summaries of earning, deductions, taxes etc
• Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of PAYE/NIC, SAYE, Pension deductions etc
• Perform checks on payroll information to ensure and payroll queries and discrepancies are resolved.
• Providing payroll information and answering queries and requests
• Maintain a documented payroll guidance process, guidelines and procedures
• Ensuring that all relevant government rules and requirements are kept up to date, ensuring that management are advised, and any actions required are notified and implemented in the business
• Maintains employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge as required to ensure that payroll procedures are up to date.
• Ensuring payroll operations are run efficiently and managing and assigning tasks to employees in the team and ensuring that their work is checked, followed up and is of the required standard.
• Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees
• Maintain staff results by planning, monitoring and appraising performance
• Contributing to overall finance team, promoting cooperation and collaboration with members of the finance and wider business community.
Must have high volume payroll experience (1000+) monthly
Further information, please contact Rhian Mountjoy at Seymour John.